Place of birth:
Employed with the Rotterdam Philharmonic since:
1st January 1977
LeCouffre plays a violin built by Mateo Goffriller in 1770 in Venice.
• Studied at the University of Toronto, at the Faculty of Music with Lorand Fenyves.
• Chamber music courses with Zoltan Szekely
• Was granted a scholarship by the Canadian government to study at the Royal conservatory in the Hague with Theo Olof
• Master classes chamber music led by Zoltan Szekely ( Hungarian String Quartet ) and by Andrew Dawes (Orford String Quartet ).
• Performed with the Toronto Symphony Orchestra
• Performed with the Toronto Chamber Players
• Leader at Concerto Rotterdam
• Masterclasses chamber music with the Borodin Trio
• Played chamber music at the Gergiev Festival
• Regular guest at the Rotterdam Philharmonic Orchestra’s chamber music series concerts as well as at the concerts for the Friends of the Rotterdam Philharmonic Orchestra in the Boijmans van Beuningen museum