Place of birth:
Employed with the Rotterdam Philharmonic since:
1st August 1998
Hurel plays two different flutes, one of the brand Powel and the other by the brand Pearl. One of them has been made available by the Friends of the Rotterdam Philharmonic Orchestra.
• First prize winner for the categories flute and chamber music at the Conservatoire National Supérieur de Musique in Paris.
• Winner at various comptitions in Darmstadt, Kobé, Boekarest and the contest Jean-Pierre Rampal.
• Nominated for the Discovery of the Year at the ‘Victoires de la Musique Classique’.
• Principal at l’Orchestre d’Auvergne, l’Orchestre de chambre de Toulouse, l’Orchestre de Bretagne, l’Orchestre de l’Opèra de Rouen, l’Orchestre Symphonique et Lyrique de Nancy, Les Siècles and the Tokyo Metropolitan Symphony Orchestre.
• Teacher at Codarts
• Performs with several music ensembles.