Place of birth:
Hoek van Holland
Employed with the Rotterdam Philharmonic since:
1st September 1986
• Studied at the conservatory in Utrecht with Peter Stotijn and graduated in 1983 the performance musician diploma with honors.
• Performed in Mamadeus, a group formed around pan flutist Peter Weekers.
• Performed for the Arion Ensemble and the Camerata Antonio Lucio ensemble
• Freelance at various orchestras
• Founder of the Ensemble en Suite
• Co-founder of Pro Basse
• Founder of the trio Profondo in collaboration with the cellist Xandra Rotteveel and the pianist Bert Mooiman
• Co-founder of the Monward Consort
• Performed with Basso! Basso!, a duo with English bassist David Heyes
• Main teacher at Codarts
• Main teacher at the conservatory in Amsterdam