Place of birth:
Employed with the Rotterdam Philharmonic since:
1st August 2006
Torrenga plays a violon that was built around 1750 by Landolfi in Italy. The instrument has been made available to her by the Friends of the Rotterdam Philharmonic Orchestra. Her bow is a made by Thomas Gerbeth and is made available to her by ‘het Nationaal Muziekinstrumenten fonds’.
• Did a preparatory training with Mireille van der Wart at the Royal conservatory in the Hague
• Studied at the the Royal conservatory in the Hague
with Peter Brunt and Jaring Walta.
• Exchange student at the Universität für Musik und Darstellende Kunst in Vienna with professor Rainer Küchl.
• Performed with het Nationaal Jeugd Orkest
• Performed with the Schleswig Holstein Musik Festival Orchester.
• Regularly performs chamber music in various formations
• Member of the Rotterdam Philharmonic Strings