Our talent development project: Rotterdam Philharmonic Orchestra Academy
We future proof symphonic careers of young talent. By inviting them into our orchestra family to play-along, to coach and teach them, but also to explore the future of symponic music and orchestras. In their new playground Rotterdam. And ultimately to help them kickstart their symphonic career.
As from the 2021-2022 concert season, the Rotterdam Philharmonic Orchestra will annually welcome a group of international top talents to take part in the orchestra’s academy. The talents will play in the orchestra and will be guided by coaches and other musicians. They also participate in educational and chamber music projects. The purpose of the orchestra academy is to prepare the talents and to allow them to gain experience in the day-to-day orchestra practice.
The academy of the Rotterdam Philharmonic Orchestra is made possible by Ahold Delhaize.
- Individual lessons from orchestra leaders and musicians
- Audition training and practice auditions
- 12 weeks of playing and being a member of the orchestra under internationally renowned conductors, under the guidance of a mentor
- Participation in education projects and chamber music projects with and without RPhO musicians
- Lessons in Alexander Technique: Haptonomy and mindfulness
- Score analysis
- Taking part in masterclasses by soloists and conductors
- Introduction and activities in the city of Rotterdam
- Social Media training
- Educational concert - Sophia Kinderziekenhuis
9 March 2023: Batavierhuis, Rotterdam
11 & 12 March 2023: Schiermonnikoog Festival
26 March 2023: Remonstrantse Kerk, Waddinxveen
29 March 2023: Concertgebouw (Kleine Zaal), Amsterdam
2 April 2023: het Heerenhuys, Rotterdam
Talents of 2021-2022