Rotterdam Philharmonic Orchestra Academy
We future proof symphonic careers of young talent. By inviting them into our orchestra family to play-along, to coach and teach them, but also to explore the future of symponic music and orchestras. In their new playground Rotterdam. And ultimately to help them kickstart their symphonic career.
About the academy
As from the 2021/2022 concert season, the Rotterdam Philharmonic Orchestra will annually welcome a group of international top talents to take part in the orchestra’s academy. The talents will play in the orchestra and will be guided by coaches and other musicians. They also participate in educational and chamber music projects. The purpose of the orchestra academy is to prepare the talents and to allow them to gain experience in the day-to-day orchestra practice.
The academy of the Rotterdam Philharmonic Orchestra is made possible by Ahold Delhaize.
Would you like more information about the Rotterdam Philharmonic Orchestra Academy?
Please contact Arto Hoornweg email@example.com.
Talents of 2021-2022
Lia Yeranosyan (Portugal), violin
Ángeles Salas (Spain), violin
Ursula Skaug (Norway/The Netherlands), viola
Eleonora Dominijanni (Italy), cello
Andreia Pacheco (Portugal), double bass
· Individual lessons from orchestra leaders and musicians
• Audition training and practice auditions
• Being a member of the orchestra under internationally renowned conductors, under the guidance of a mentor
• Participation in education projects and chamber music projects
• Lessons in Alexander Technique and mindfulness
• Score analysis
• Taking part in masterclasses by soloists and conductors
• Introduction and activities in the city of Rotterdam